Thank you for visiting my website! For any questions and inquiries, please contact here. Hope you enjoy exploring my website!
September 2019: Yoshiko will join the David Hochstein Memorial Music School as a faculty of piano from this fall. If interested in taking piano lessons with me at Hochstein, please visit the Hochstein website and feel free to contact me here.
Upcoming performances, September 2019
• Time To Change (at the Rochester Fringe Festival), 9/13 & 9/14: performing my original composition with choreography and dance by Mariah Steele
• Within the Quota (at the Rochester Fringe Festival), 9/19: based on a ballet by Cole Porter, TableTopOpera looks at 100 years of US immigration policy
• Recitals with Apollo Lee, trumpet (Eastman School of Music), 9/4 & 9/7
2019 Spring/Summer Highlights:
• International Society for Improvised Music Conference, lecture presentation
• Master class piano teaching at the Texas State International Piano Festival
• Return as a piano faculty at the Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, Session 1
• Assisting the pre-conference workshops for the National Conference of Keyboard Pedagogy as a committee member of improvisation/creativity track
• Duo recital with Aika Ito, a violinist from the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, at the Eastman School of music Summer Institute Faculty Recital
• Eastman Summer Trumpet Institute, Faculty and Student Recitals
• Eastman Summer Institute, Orchestra Conducting Fundamentals
• Composing-performing collaborative concert with the University of Rochester Dance Department faculty that addresses social movements
• World premiere performance of Isaiah Chapman's Viola Sonata
• Composing-performing collaboration with University of Rochester Dance Department faculty members for the Fringe Festival shows
For full performance schedule, click calendar.
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2018: Yoshiko continues/begins her positions at SUNY Geneseo, Nazareth College, University of Rochester, and the Eastman Community Music School as a piano instructor, vocal coach, collaborative pianist, and ballet and modern dance accompanist, as well as an organist at the Park Presbyterian Church.
APRIL, 2018: Yoshiko passed the oral exam, the last step toward obtaining the doctoral degree in Piano Literature and Performance with a Minor in Jazz and Contemporary Media at the prestigious Eastman School of Music, Rochester, NY.
(Photo credit: Michael Sherman)
CHICAGO-MILWAUKEE TOUR: Music after 2000
March 27-31, 2018
-Recitals and Masterclass with Joshua Graham, percussion
-Featuring the world premiere of "The Light Flickers" (2018)
by Sean William Calhoun, which was specifically written for our Chicago duo debut
-Events are sponsored in part by the Luminarts Foundation
Performances at the 2019 Rochester Fringe Festival- buy tickets here.
Summer@Eastman Recital with Aika Ito, violin.
July 16 @7:30pm, Rochester NY- Read the concert preview here.
Faculty Recital at the Amalfi Coast International Piano Festival.
(Photo Credit: Chen-Shen Fan)